Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 12

A show I am currently addicted to.

Shows I like right now:
  • Parenthood - The first season was a little much, but I have loved the second season.  I think I cry at the end of every show. . .watching how hard and how great it is to be a parent in the different stages of life.  It also makes me grateful that I have the gospel to raise my family with.   And I love Lorelai Gilmore (a.k.a. Lauren Graham)
  • Amazing Race
  • Survivor
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Veronica Mars
  • Gilmore Girls (I know these two are over but I still really like them)

 We made chocolates for the mothers in our ward for Mother's Day.  I made the middles in two afternoons and then the Bishop and Lori, Brian and Marty and Mary and Robb came to dip in a marathon evening.  It was soooo fun!  (atleast I thought so)  This changes our Christmas dipping schedule.  Mary and Marty were champion dippers.
Grandma helping get the kids in bed. . .and getting Dallin to sleep.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Whatever subpar. They were so good. I still want you to explain to me why Gilmore girls is so good. I want to like it, but I can't.

Terri Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terri Sue said...

I enjoyed Gilmore Girls, too! Pretty sure I never missed one episode!
I doubt anything you make is subpar, Kim.
And I love the picture of Marty reading to the kids -- so precious!

Kelli said...

how does this change your christmas schedule?

i wish i was in your ward bad.

Kim said...

The ONLY reason the chocolates didn't end up as good as I like is because we bought chocolate at winco instead of the yummy Guitard. We also did these in 70 degree weather so they didn't quite set up like I like. but, yes they were still yummy and I'm still glad we did it.

Mary, I wish I could explain why I like it - the humor is very subtle and I think you need to watch enough episodes to get to know it. When I just watched one or two I didn't really get it. But when my sister lived with us, we watched it consistently and that's when I came to like it.

Teri - I was just put in the primary presidency. . .I miss you! I miss our time together!

Kim said...

Kelli - Marty and Mary can so help us next year. We will get everything done in one night!

Kassi said...

Kim your chocolates were super yummy, especially the carmels! They were so soft and good!!! I ate almost the whole thing on my way home (maybe I shouldn't admit that)!

Kelli said...

ha ha kassi i always eat church treats on the way home. between me and jimi treats don't have a chance.

jamie k said...

i was very into amazing race and survivor too .... and now they are over :(.

Kim said...

We are watching the Survivor finale tonight. . .I can hardly wait!

Kelli said...

i lovvvved the finale. best game played ever. genius. the rest of the players: stupid.

Emily said...

What I would give to be in your ward, I'm sure there were no complaints.

Here's a Mother's Day chocolate story from the past:
When Nettie and I were in young women's the bishopric asked us and 2 other girls to deliver some of Jean's chocolates to inactive mothers in the ward. Much to our shagrin noone was home, so we ate the chocolates ourselves, which was what we were hoping would happen.

Kelli said...

shagrin = 10$ word

and shame on you guys! ha ha you're supposed to leave them on the doorstep.

nettie said...

oh yeah emily, i totally forgot about that.

I love the gilmore girls soooo much. I tried watching a couple parenthood episodes (because of lorelai) the first season and didn't really like it. maybe i should give it another try.