A picture of my make-up bag
Over spring break we spent the night in Reno at the Grand Sierra Resort.
It was AWESOME! The kids were fantastic. They loved what we did and had happy attitudes. . .it turned out to be a great trip.
My kids look so old in this pic!
First we went to a movie at the Grand Sierra Resort.

Then we went bowling.
We loved the view from our room. We watched for airplanes to fly by.
We made Wyatt a bed by pushing the two armchairs together. He loved it.
My make-up bag. I, too, used to have a drawer for my make-up. Dallin loves my make-up and after awhile of having it in a box, I will move it back to the drawer and he finds it so fast. On Sunday mornings I usually get the kids strapped in the car like 10 minutes early and I run back in and finish getting ready. One Sunday we drove to church and once we got there I realized that Dallin had my cover-up stick the ENTIRE time he was in the car. His hands were caked, it was all over his face, luckily it wasn't too bad on his clothes so I took him into the bathroom and washed him up. Since then my make-up has stayed in the little box. For our little trip I put it into this bag.
Jump Man Jump
Jump Man Jump
The kids had a ball at Jump Man Jump. It is a building with a bunch of blow up toys. It was perfect, it entertained AND exhausted the kids.
Even though you can't see me I was on the trip, too!
Memories from the trip:
- Wyatt always referred to the hotel as 'The Big Building'. He still does.
- Watching Gnomeo and Juliet. I thought it looked dumb, and about 10 minutes into I thought, "What are we watching? A bunch of statues talking to each other?" By the end I thought it was pretty cute, pretty clever.
- Watching the movie on a loveseat. It was Aaron and I with Kailyn in the middle, I started with Dallin on my lap and Aaron had Wyatt and we traded throughout the movie. It was cozie and warm and fun. (Ashley was up with Maria)
- The girls running to get ice in their P.J.s
- Snapping at Aaron because Winco didn't have their perfect cinnamon bears, like it was his fault. (I didn't get anything accomplished in the shopping department and that was the last straw!)
- Watching T.V. late at night. There is something I love about a dark hotel room and the glow of the t.v.
- Eating at Red Robin
- Eating ice cream in our room
- Every time we were in the elevator Dallin had this look like, "what the heck is going on?"
- Just being together. . .

12 comments:
What a great idea... My kids would love to do this, too bad I hate hotels, so it might be hard to talk me into it.
I do love watching tv in a hotel rm too, but jeff always just wants to go to bed...so i reluctantly turn it off.
While we were in the hotel i thought how the sorensen girls probably would not enjoy this little jaunt to reno because of the dislike for hotels:)
sounds really fun! i love that picture of kailyn in the bounce house thing.
sammy is in my makeup drawer daily too ... arg. but really, nothing gets destroyed, so i don't mind it. i'm just glad she's entertaining herself.
i don't dislike hotels ... i actually think they are kind of cozy in a way.
i love hotel rooms! it's a nettie hate. they are cozy and exciting for some reason. and ice...why do we suddenly need ice sooo bad when we are in a hotel? ha ha.
i emptied out a cupboard in my bathroom and that is where avery and evan play fort while i get ready. the other cupboard has all bathroom supplies locked up. i got sooo sick of cleaning up bathroom cupboard strewn across the bathroom every day.
Looks like soooo much fun. I remember fondly our trips with all of you kids in hotel rooms. Enjoy it they grow up way toooo fast!
ok, wait, then Emily hates them, too? I swear we have had a conversation about this at sometime:)
ps is dallin checking out his phantom bandaid in that picture? ha ha he is cute.
i think it is just me that hates them, especially with a crawling baby. once all the kids can walk, it's not so bad. I think it was kelli that put her baby to sleep on the floor of a closet in a hotel and jimi slept on the floor of a hotel room rather than sleeping on a bed. that makes me really sick.
On our move out to denver we stayed in a hotel that was like 2 months old. that was really nice, it still smelled like brandnew carpet...it didn't make me very sick.
no matter how old or new the hotel is, you will never, ever catch me walking around without shoes on.
I don't hate hotels either, I actually like them it means I'm on vacation. I do always wear my shoes while in a hotel room though.
So now that we all love hotels, when are we going to Disneyland? Let's plan for January.
We are there!
That is so fun Kim! I love all the pictures you took! The kids expressions are just great. And is Kailyn's foot up in that hotel pic, maybe just at the very last second? Kind-of looks like it. You guys are so sweet.
Post a Comment