Thursday, March 1, 2012

TOPS

Since I have started this whole TOPS thing, I have discovered I can be pretty negative.  I have had this post ready forever, but by the time I get around to writing about it at night after the kids are in bed, I'm so exhausted that I don't feel like I have anything nice to say!  Anyway, we will try tonight.
  • Celebrating 'A ditch birthday'.  We had to do this without the girls this year.  Hopefully we will get back out there one more time with them. 
Wyatt is such a hard worker!
Between the chain saw and the chance of a dog showing up - Dallin opted to hang out in the truck.
  • West End Carnival.  I stressed about this one.  I wasn't sure if I had found enough help for all the booths, but it turned out so great!  I was on cotton candy duty.  I was covered in it by the time the night was over but it was worth it!  So many families came and it was fun for all!
  • Cookies by the Girls.  While I was napping on Sunday, the girls made sugar cookies.  I was so tired I didn't care what kind of mess was made.  They did so good!  The cookies were delicious.
  • Roller Skating.  Tuesday night is cheap night at the roller skating rink.  We did our FHE activity then and we had a blast.  I was amazed at how well Wyatt caught on.  This will definitely be a repeat event.  So hard to get good pics in the dark with my phone!


  • Subbing at West End.  This afternoon I got to substitute teach at the girl's school!  It was great!  I ate lunch with them and then they were able to hang out in my room after school.  Everything about it was perfect.
  • Rice Bags.  At relief society the other night we had this auction.  I bid on two little rice bags that you heat up.  The girls have been begging me to make some for awhile and I just haven't.  My last experience with rice bags was finding mice had gotten into them.  Anyway, that was in the other house and I have been meaning to make them for the girls.  When I came home they were so excited,  but it wasn't enough for Kailyn.  She whipped out 2 rice bags for herself and Wyatt.  Then Ashley wanted one and I realized how great they were at the foot of my cold bed that I made another one for me.  We have the bags coming out our ears now, but we have warm feet!
  • Stacy.  I love that I have a sister I can call and cry to and she can be so sympathetic.  I also love that sometimes I call her and so very sweetly she lets me know that I just need to get over it.  I love her!
  • Devin's Video Skills.  For my mom and dad's 40th anniversary my brother put together a video of some photos and interviews of us kids.  I love watching it and it just reminds me of how great my parents are.  It makes me laugh and cry and I love it.  The other day we were watching it and there were pictures of my parents wedding.  Wyatt thought that one picture of my dad kind of looked like Devin and Ashley thought the next picture of my mom kind of looked like Stacy.  The next picture was of them kissing and one of the kids yelled out - 'That looks like Devin kissing Stacy!'  They all started laughing and thought they were so silly. 

2 comments:

Kelli said...

ooh yeah, right after putting the kids to bed is the most negative time of the day for sure. it's just time for a break.

so what WERE the chances of a dog showing up? 90%? 20%? ha ha. i love your kids.

Mary said...

We need to go skating together!