Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 8

A recipe.
(This is me multi-tasking)

6 - 8 Delicious No-Bakes
I like to make these a lot, but I don't need to eat them a lot, so I've whittled this recipe down and now I can whip it up, only eat a few cookies and then they are out of my house. I would be making these right now if I had any oatmeal in the house.

1/2 C. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 TBSP cocoa (I eyeball this)

Stir to get all the cocoa bumps out. Add:

2 TBSP milk
2 TBSP butter

Stir on med. low (about a 4 on my dial - I cook it this low because for some reason with this small amount if I cook it faster it is grainy. I don't like grainy). Until they just start to boil then continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Add:

1/4 tsp. vanilla
scoop of peanut butter (optional, but if you do add it increase the oatmeal to as much as 1/4 of a cup)

Stir and then add:

3/4 c. quick oatmeal
1/4 c. coconut

I add extra oatmeal if needed till there is no chocolate sauce pooling. I dip out 6 -8 little cookies and then eat what's left in the pan (my favorite part).

3 comments:

jamie k said...

when i make these, they remind me of you ... b/c i know that you make these small batches.

Mary said...

I spy cute toes.

Shantel said...

Oh my goodness!!! This is perfect. No bakes are one of JJ's favorite, but a whole batch of no bakes really isn't an ideal treat when there is only the two of us. I am with you that if I had any oatmeal in my house right now I would be whipping up a batch of these. And coconut!!! What a fabulous idea.