Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 2


A picture of me and how my day went:

  • I chose to stay up super late last night, so Dallin and I slept in. It was heaven.
  • We ate breakfast, finished up the kids Mario Brothers game so we could start jobs.
  • I was inspired to start throwing out tons of stuff, so we headed to the girls room with a big black plastic garbage bag. The cleaning out began and went really well for a while.
  • Aaron came home from work and didn't look good. The past few days Dallin has been walking around with his eyes half closed and that was what Aaron looked like.
  • After cleaning out a corner in the girls room I came across a VERY scary spider. I calmly told the girls to get dad and get him in the room quick. He comes in and kills it for me. Its just a spider. . .he thought maybe Dallin had cracked his head open.
  • I send the girls into the bathroom to start cleaning their part. I finish in the girls room and come into the bathroom to find Dallin filling a large cup with water from the bathtub faucet and pouring it on the floor. The water was going into the hall and soaking the carpet. Didn't I just post that?
  • I may or may not have had a meltdown and crying may or may not have been involved. The meltdown had nothing to do with the water but everything to do with the Black Widow Spider I had found in the girls room. I could just imagine nests of baby black widows hatching here in the next little while.
  • I try calling pest control places but no one is open on Saturday.
  • I put Dallin to bed so I can run into town. When I get back I find him playing in his crib and realize that he has a messy diaper. He never went to sleep, so now I have a grumpy little boy.
  • I can't find the windex anywhere so the girls can help clean some windows. . .So frustrating.
  • I start sweeping the floor to get ready to mop and then I can't find the dang dustpan anywhere. . .So so frustrating.
  • Find the dustpan in the bathroom where the girls have wandered off with it.
  • Get the mop water ready and then find Dallin dipping a washcloth in and making a mess everywhere. Why can't I be that kind of mom that thinks it is so cute and be grateful for his help!
  • Put Dallin in bed crying where he eventually falls asleep.
  • The rest of the kids and I mop the floor.
  • I still can't find the Windex. GRRRR.
  • I throw away an old box of cereal but it bounces off the garbage and falls upside down on the floor. . .
  • Start getting food ready for our dinner at Brad and Kathryn's house. Wyatt is playing Mario Brothers again but is screaming because Ashley got the fire power flower before he could. I take Mario Brothers away and put Wyatt on his bed screaming.
  • We head to Brad and Kathryn's and enjoy a very fun dinner with great company. It was nice to relax and have a delicious dutch oven dinner. We were also able to catch up with Kathryn's sister and her husband who live in Twin Falls.
  • We come home and get the kids in bed. Gratefully they go to bed great.
  • I finish up my lesson for tomorrow and write this and now I am headed to bed.
  • Tomorrow will be better for sure!

5 comments:

jamie k said...

i think this is my favorite of the 30 days.

i love the cereal incident. i think i'd pop a lid ... little things like that drive me crazy. lol.

Mary said...

Um, I totally could have brought you windex if I knew it would have made your day better. Good luck with the lesson. I'm sad I won't be there.

Kelli said...

i have decided boys are wayyyy messier than girls. it is a nonstop marathon of pulling things out of cupboards/drawers here.

i told jimi it is like i am at that beach throwing in starfish, and each time a wave comes up, it brings a thousand more starfish on the beach for me to throw in. that's what cleaning this house is like with evan on the rampage.

i love reading about people's days too. it's funny. i laughed at aaron's "it's just a spider - not a cracked open head"...ha ha.

Jeff said...

Haha, I'm not one of those moms either. I often think I just need to relax and not worry about things so much,.. Oh well. I think it's great that you do chores on Saturday, I usually take the weekend off, so come Monday my house feels like a disaster.

Jeff said...

Oops, that was Nettie, not jeff.