Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Nice Day

Yesterday was weird, a good weird. I can't remember having a day like yesterday in over a year. It was Aaron's day off, which lately seems to be kind of crazy. But yesterday was a really nice day.

I slept in, like really slept in. I didn't hear Aaron get out of bed or the kids out in the family room, I didn't lift my head off the pillow till 9 o'clock. It was a beautiful thing. (I won't mention what time I went to bed) The kids had a primary activity during lunch so we decided to get some errands done in town after we dropped them off. Brad ended up bringing the kids home so we could get to work when we got home. Dallin was being extremely cooperative and took a splendid nap from about 1 to 5. Brad and Kathryn kept the girls for the afternoon which left me with Wyatt to help me. I got soooooo much done, I still can't believe how much I got done. My house was relatively clean so I got to spend 5 hours of guilt free time outside (I have a hard time enjoying outside time when I know I should be cleaning inside. Also, since Dallin was born I usually spend some kid free time napping so this was crazy that I had all this time to get fun stuff done!)
This basket was done earlier in the week.
I planted my hanging baskets.
I planted my front flower beds.
Last summer when we were in Idaho we went to a ladies home that had a cutting garden, a huge garden like a half an acre of flowers that she used to make arrangements and bring flowers into her home. I don't like to cut my flowers in my flower beds because I want my flower beds to be pretty. So this is my attempt at a small cutting garden. We shall see how it turns out. I have gladiolas, dahlias, zinnias, freesia and some assortment of flowers planted.

Also, Aaron has moved to sprinkler watering. It warms my heart to watch them, it takes me back home to watching our yard sprinkle. It is just a fun sight.

And then, if that wasn't enough, Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen called to take the kids to ice cream. . .to this place that is 20 minutes away. So, I got the planting stuff out and went to work. When they got home, Wyatt talked Grandpa into riding bikes on the road. He would do that all day if I would go out there with him.

When I came inside I had sunburned legs and arms. . .I loved it. After a year with a new baby I am starting to have more days that I feel like I am accomplishing things. It feels good!

4 comments:

jamie k said...

ahhh... that all sounds so refreshing. 9 o'clock? lucky.

Mary said...

The good life feels good doesn't it. I want to come over and see.

Heidi said...

You didn't mention how quiet I was leaving at....6 am!!!!! :) Glad I didn't ruin your sleeping in ;) Sounds like a fabulous day!

C. Sorensen said...

Yay for a wonderful day! That was the best birthday gift you could have! :) Here's to more of them more often in the coming months ahead! :D