Kailyn had a 'Spa Party' for her big party year. It was incredibly fun and easy. I'm so mad I didn't take the time for more pictures, but it was super cute. There were signs for the different stations: Nails, Relaxing, Snacks, and Facials. The table was set up with washcloths and plates with the different creams for their faces. After they put their masks on they went into the relaxation room with candles and soft music and relaxed for 10 minutes. The girls kept saying it was the best thing ever. Then they finished with their faces and did a hand treatment and then we did nails. Kailyn has so many great girls her age.
Kailyn had been saving her money and decided she wanted a mini iPad. We chipped in what she needed to get it for her birthday. It was fun to watch her open it.
Kailyn. . .
- Is becoming a fabulous candy maker. I love it! She can easily make taffy all by herself and this Christmas she has made a couple batches of fudge. She is willing to help out in the kitchen which is so nice.
- Is a perfectionist. She works so hard in school to get everything perfect. It definitely causes her stress but I am proud that she works hard to do so well in school.
- Is progressing rapidly at the piano. If she will get her practicing in she does amazing each week. Her teacher really pushes her and gives her many opportunities to perform for others.
- Is still such a great helper. She knows how to get in a straighten a room and clear off counters and wipe them off just how I would do it. It is not unusual for me to come home from something to find her surprising me with a clean kitchen and front room.
- Is an AMAZING babysitter. She puts together activities to take with her and I hear great things about how she is with kids. She doesn't have too many behavior issues and I think the kids love her.
- Is starting strong with her personal progress. I love to walk by her bedroom and see her scriptures, journal and Personal Progress book out and watch her study. The other day I went in and saw a paper about what she wanted to learn about Patriarchal blessings. It warmed my heart.
- Can sing! I thought she would be like me but her piano teacher has her singing and she has this sweet voice. I love to listen to her.
- Is a decorator. She likes to have their room decorated for the seasons.
I am incredibly lucky to have her for a daughter. She has an enthusiasm for life that is fun to watch and be a part of.



1 comment:
Best babysitter. And I needed that relaxation room today!
Post a Comment