Monday, January 30, 2012

TOPS

  • Kailyn's Morning.  Kailyn has me set an alarm for her every morning.  She wants it to get earlier and earlier.  Right now she is about at 6:18.  She is dressed, her bed made, jobs done all before I wake up.  She is amazing!
  • Legos.  These are my favorite toy right now.  Wyatt has a set that will make 3 different things and we just rotate what we make.  He will make the little car over and over just so he can practice making it himself.  The other day I set up all the steps of the helicopter and he did it by himself.  This gave me an uninterrupted hour of quilting!
  • IMessages.  I love to send video messages.  This is one I sent to Aaron after the whole helicopter building experience.

  • Runny Eggs.  I love runny eggs!  My mom made me some eggs  while she was here a couple of weeks ago and they were so good!  I have fallen in love again and Wyatt and I enjoy them many mornings.
  • A 2 Year Old who will dress himself.  This might not always be a bonus, but after having a 5 year old who still prefers me to get him dressed, actually prefers me to do everything for him, it is very refreshing.  Dallin LOVES to get dressed in the morning, put socks and almost his shoes on and attempt to do most things all by himself.  I love it!
  • Attempting to Sing. So somehow, someway we thought the stake presidency wanted the 4 boy cousins and their wives to sing.  This is hilarity in all its greatness.  I don't sing.  So the people in charge tell me we are singing the song, "O Divine Redeemer".  I've heard of the song, but in no way know how hard it is, so I smile and say sounds good.  I show up and sit down next to great singers and I can't not laugh as I attempt to sing with these ladies.  I can't hear where I'm supposed to be and I can't hear if I am even close at my attempt.  I just sat there thinking it was so funny.  I had to sing an 'Ahhhhhh' and move my voice up and down.  At one point I was told to Divisso the alto part.  I can barely do the alto part sitting next to someone but to Divissio?  I think not!  I am laughing as I write this cause I was so ridiculous.  Anyway, after about 15 min. of warming up and going over stuff it kind of started to be fun.  I'm sure I sounded horrible but I did enjoy the experience.
  • Aaron.  Sometimes I cry a lot.  Sometimes I have emotional outbursts and Aaron is so patient through it and still likes me.  He is a pretty cool guy.
  • Nike Training Club.  I did this a couple days ago and my abs and legs KILL.  I only made it through 10 minutes of the bum workout and 5 of the ab.  It feels good to finally feel like I've done something.
  • Kids That Pretend.  On Friday the girls got home from school and they all built a boat out of chairs and pillows.  Its fun to hear them play good together.
  •  
  • 7 Hours of Straight Sleep.  Every once in a while the stars align and I get to sleep uninterrupted.  Last night it happened.  I can't remember the last time.
  • Ashley's F.H.E. Activity.  For FHE tonight Ashley planned and made dinner for us.  We had to draw a number for what plates, cups, spoons and forks we used.  It turned out to be a very yummy dinner and fun to try to eat!


5 comments:

Stacy said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR TOPS!!!!!

Kelli said...

i can't believe kailyn! i'm not that disciplined as an adult. it's so funny how different all your kids' personalities are.

Mary said...

Three cheers for spouses that like us anyway. And let us vent to them at Taco Bell.

jamie k said...

ditto to your sister.

i'm interested in this nike training club .. i will have to look into it.

texts are the best invention ever (imessage for you). i send andy a million pictures a day.

and i LOVE that fhe idea. how funny. and fun.

ps. do you realize your 5 year old is taking a shot? haha.

Heidi Higley said...

What is in Aaron's ear?