Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas

The girls decided they wanted to wait for Aaron to do chores first and then when he got home we would all go out and see what Santa brought.
By 7:45 they were had. "Dad will never get home!", "Can't you see how light it is outside?" "We are not doing this next year!"

I even had snacks for them to eat.
Gratefully he did come home. They only had to wait till 8:30, (ok, I even thought we had to wait forever:)) But it was worth it. Christmas morning lasted a long time for us!
I think I surprised Aaron for the first time EVER with a chain saw.

Just what Ashley wanted.
The skirt screams Kailyn.

Dallin was not into opening presents. He wouldn't open one present. He would just turn his head and pretend it wasn't there. Wyatt had fun opening them for him.
He did enjoy spreading his onesies everywhere. He also LOVED the chocolate. He climbed up on the table and was digging into the chocolate. He ate quite a few before we noticed.
We had aebleskivers for breakfast with apple and buttermilk syrup. Delicious.
We spent the rest of the day playing with all our presents and eating dinner at Grandma and Grandpas. It was a great day. We are very blessed.

7 comments:

Mary said...

So fun. I'm glad we could come over and mooch your Christmas cheer.

Also, I was thinking we should put the aebelskiver batter in a pitcher and pour it into the pan. That would be easier...

nettie said...

baby alive! i can't believe how much your girls love them. I kinda wish my kids loved something so much, it would be so easy.

we used a small ice cream scoop for the ebelskivers, it worked perfectly.

Kim said...

Mary, you so don't mooch Christmas Cheer. . .We missed you every minute you weren't with us! That is the great thing about being family.

We used a cookie scooper that worked great.

jamie k said...

i love all these posts. i wish we were back home ...

Dacia said...

You are so incredible and never cease to amaze me every single time I get on your blog - you are the best mom! Your kids are so dang cute and remind me of my kids so much - we need to chat again soon:)

Jill said...

Kim! Hey, such a cute family you have! It feels like a lifetime since I have seen you! So, Adam will finish his residency in June and actually accepted a job at the new hospital in Twin Falls, so we will be moving there in July...we will have to get together when you come to your parents sometime! Number #5 is due the beginning if May, so life is BUSY! I hope things are going great for you guys!

C. Sorensen said...

I think I've had ebelskivers, and I think I need your recipe. :D