Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was pure delight. I can't remember the last time I have enjoyed it as much as I did this year. It might have something to do with the fact that Aaron's day off was that day. I know he has had that day off before, but my memories of Christmas Eve is trying to get the house, kids and dinner ready by the time he got home from work and it NEVER worked. Usually I was a tired and annoyed mom by the time Christmas eve night rolled around. This year it was bliss. It was crazy to only have half the jobs to do. He helped deal with kids and we got EVERYTHING done pretty much in time.
We enjoyed crepes for breakfast.
Its funny to me that my kids love crepes so much. They don't like anything in them. Other days I try to get them to put something somewhat healthy in them. For Christmas Eve they enjoyed whipped cream crepes to their hearts content.
Mary and Marty set the table. It was beautiful.
The kids table.
Wyatt enjoying his soup bowl how he wants to. . .
Most years I buy the bread bowls. They are huge and we throw most of them away. Last year I attempted to make the bowls with a new recipe and they flopped. They were tiny and not very good. This year I used my Grandma Luke's french bread recipe and they turned out delicious. They were just the right size too. Mary brought the drink. . .Lime Rickies (sp?) It was delicious!
Our nativity was great. They all got into character superbly. The only problem occurred when Dallin (the shepherd) lost his head towel and Wyatt spent most of the time trying to fix it. It gave us all a laugh.
New PJs.And we ended the night with reading "The Night Before Christmas".


3 comments:

Mary said...

Those bread bowls were amazing. There's no feeling of accomplishment like bread turning out. Yum.

nettie said...

kailyn, morgan has the same pj's as you.

C. Sorensen said...

A french bread recipe?!! I think I must try that one too!