Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Kailyners

 Kailyn was a wind-up doll for Halloween.  Mary put her costume together and it, of course, was amazing.  Kailyn loved the dress and the petticoats underneath.
 Kailyn celebrated her birthday for a whole week this year.  We weren't there for her birthday evening, so we made it up by doing something each day of the weekend.  She has finally found a cake she loves.  Angel Food.
 Kailyn is such a poser and definitely livens things up around the house.
 Kailyn continues to love to craft.  I can't keep up with her or keep her supplied but she can usually find something to make or create.  Mary helped her sew this pillow.
Kailyn does so well in school.  I just had parent-teacher conferences and received a glowing report.  She literally said, "Kailyn is every teacher's dream."  It makes me happy to see her doing so well in school.  She has an amazing teacher, a friend of mine - Julie Stockard.  She gets Kailyn and knows how to support, inspire and help her excel.  This is Kailyn during a presentation of a project they did on matter.  She is a leader and almost always is the one to keep the group together, focused and producing great work.

  • She is amazing at coming home and getting all of her homework done so it is not a stress on her before bed.
  • She is taking piano and picking it up quickly.  Every week her teacher is amazed at what she has accomplished.  She sometimes hates to practice, but will often go in and just play a song for fun.  I love hearing her play.
  • Is reading the Book of Mormon.  I set a goal in January to have the Book of Mormon read by March and she wanted to join me.  She had it listened to all the way to Moroni.  It was incredible!
  • She is organized.  She works so hard to get everything in order and ready for her school.  Sadly, she still often forgets something.  I think it is my fault.  As hard as I try to be organized and get things ready I always leave something at the last minute.
  • She continues to help rally the kids to help clean up.  She is constantly making up games to help make cleaning up more fun.  
  • She is a great tumbler.  She needs a real coach to help her do all that she is capable of.

No comments: