Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas is coming!

Wyatt has been on us for 3 weeks now to get out our tree. We told him we had to have Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma's house first. He thought that day would never come. When it did, he didn't want anything to do with going to Grandma's house, he wanted to get straight to the tree. Coming in from the garage from Grandma and Grandpa's we brought the tree in. Sadly I wasn't feeling very well so I watched from the couch as they set up the tree.
We decorated it the next day (where are my pictures?) and it has been priceless to see Wyatt's excitement. I wish I had a camcorder on him at all times. He would pull out a decoration from the boxes and with such delight he would exclaim, "whoa! wow!" and he would squeal and he couldn't stop smiling. This Christmas will be very fun.

I made my first batch of fudge and before I knew it Dallin was scraping the spoon and slab clean.
My new tradition is to watch 25 Christmas movies before Christmas. Sadly this is not hard for the kids and I at all. . .But being a tradition it makes it much more meaningful and counts as family time right? We watched Jim Carrey's Christmas Carol and Dallin had had enough.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I want to come see the decor. What is the color this year? Red? I remember before I moved here I would always say, "My house will never be as cute as Kim's for Christmas!" Yep... Still true :)

Kelli said...

yay! christmas is so fun with kids. i love it.

nettie said...

sick on the couch=pregnant???

Kelli said...

yeah, you know we are all wondering it kim...:)

Kim said...

heavens no. . . Nasty sore throat. No, anyone who knows me right now knows that I have my hands completely full with 4 kids:)

Kelli said...

me and my kids are probably coming the 16th. i can't wait to see you guys! maybe our kids can play?

("heavens no" ha ha ha ha ha)

C. Sorensen said...

I love the new 25 movies tradition! I think we're going to have to copy next year! :)